Using Essential Oils To Stay Healthy When Traveling
If you are like me, you battle with either catching a bug while traveling or you come back with one. It never fails that after being stuck on a long flight with a crap ton of people, I come back with a sore throat. There are times that I have eaten something that tastes amazing, but did not sit well in my stomach, which caused me to have an upset stomach. Often times, I have come back from traveling jet lagged.
So, I decided to figure out a better way of staying healthy while traveling. Here are a few things that I’ve tried that have worked. I’m not saying everyone will get the same results, but it definitely has made my life a little less icky. Actually, I use it every day regardless of whether or not I’m traveling. I even give them as Bon Voyage gifts to my clients, especially, if they are traveling on long flights.
My favorite essential oil brand is Doterra. I've tested out a few other companies, but I always go back to Doterra. Listed below are my go-to travel oils:
- Serenity is a blended oil. The main oil is Lavender, but it also has Sweet Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, and Vanilla Bean. This can be used for jet lag and anxiety over flying.
- Ginger is used for upset stomach.
- Frankincense is used for minor cut a scrap. It’s also great for sore throat.
- Peppermint is used for headaches and can also help with upset stomach.
- Melaleuca, better known as Tea Tree oil, is used for blemish breakouts.
These are just a few of the helpful oils I travel with. Some of the oils will needed to be mixed with a carrier oils, such as Fractionated Coconut Oil, Jojoba, Vitamin E, or you decide. Then I place them in small travel vials. It’s better to use glass vs plastic vials as the oils can leak through the plastic.
And there you have it. A simple way to keep healthy while traveling.
If you're interested in joining a group of fellow food and wine travel lovers, please check out list of upcoming hosted trips and event: Food & Wine Lovers Travel Group.
Culinary Traveler & Wine Lover